Monday, October 7, 2013

A joyful knock-off.

You know how every year after the glamorous Oscar dresses walk the red carpet, there are designers who specifically sit down to create affordable knock-offs?  Like, this 10 000$ dress can now be yours for only 39.99$? I feel a little like that today.

After Papertrey Ink unveiled their Peace, Joy, Love dies, I designed my own version using the cameo silhouette:

a joyful knock-off.

The font and slant are different, but the concept is the same.  What do you think? Acceptable knock-off, or shameless copy?

I created this card for the current lawnscaping challenge:


I only used two little strips of patterned paper, but I really feel like a little goes a long way if it's well thought-out. The striped paper gives the card a pop, and the "let it snow" strip was a no-brainer to coordinate with the snowy top of the card.

a joyful knock-off.

I stamped the polar bear onto a piece of white cardstock and carefully stamped the snowfall border all around him before assembling the rest of the card.  Everything was then mounted onto a grey card-base.  This is the kind of card you could easily mass-produce.  Once I figured out where I wanted everything to go, it came together very quickly.

I hope you find time to play along with us!  You could win a prize from Simon Says Stamp:

Simon Says Stamp Store Blinkie photo SSS_09_2103_zpsc2c6b992.gif

♥.


18 comments:

  1. Shame on you, you shameless awesome copier! ;-)

    Seriously I actually prefer your version. But that's the kinda talk that could get me into trouble... [looks around and over shoulders in a paranoid fashion]

    Anyway, where was I? Ah yes, I love your card! I love the thought that has gone behind each element, and how all of it comes together so well into a culmination of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card!!! the polar bear and his snow/wind blown cheek is so cute!!! and you're right, your patterned paper really makes a statement! super adorable!! i very much love your version of the silloutte 'joy' statement!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love this! I agree I like your font better! You're going to have to teach me how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A joyful knockoff indeed! Nice job! This card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! The little polar bear is adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elle est très mignonne cette carte ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahem...acceptable knock-off??? How about Gorgeous, Fabulous, Amazing take on a PTI die! I love the font on this sentiment, Elena...it's so pretty! And, I love that you added snowflakes and the adorable Polar Bear ~ Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally acceptable and appropriate knock-off! I think you've let the cat out of the bag and now you have to do a little tutorial on this clever technique! I'm new to the whole Silhouette business and would love to know how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to make your own on your cameo! You have me sorry I didn't think of that before ordering the dies!
    Super cute card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card! I love the a large Joy sentiment! Amazing job!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! The acceptable knock-off looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great knock off...love this festive card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about this card, especially your Joy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, fabulous "interpretation"! Also happen to love your sweet card - now that is something I could copy shamelessly ;oP

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Elena! such an elegant font :0) hehe... I really like the polar bears rosy cheeks too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just the sort of thing that makes me think I should learn to use my Silhouette! LOL! Your "knock-off" is absolutely lovely, and that sweet polar bear looks pretty joyful to me with his rosy cheeks. Such a sweet card, Elena!

    ReplyDelete