Wednesday, March 13, 2013

this one's for dad {Precious Remembrance new release}

It's release day over at Precious Remembrance - a brand new set called "mom & dad" - perfect for making cards for those two, but really amazing for much more than that.  I made this one for dad:

love you dad!


I stamped the sentiments collage-style, and came up with this.  Everything was stamped in black onto a white cardstock base, and then embellished with a newsprint background and a healthy amount of distress inking.

love you dad!

I love the glasses image!  They were stamped twice so that one layer could be popped up, and given the glassy, glossy accents treatment.

love you dad!

A strip of airmail washi tape and some black enamel dots finished off my very masculine card (at least, I'm hoping it's very masculine)

Click over to the Precious Remembrance blog to see a reveal of the full set, and what the other designers have created with it!

10 comments:

  1. This is just awesome Elena! A perfect guy card, definitely a Dad card too! Love the colours, the vintage feel, the geeky glasses and the collage effect. That pretty much means I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about it, Elena! But, especially your awesome background for the bold black glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a tough stamp set you did a great job! The newsprint background is a great touch, I find masculine stuff so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely idea. Any daddy will be happy with such card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy goodness I love this so much! I might need that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun Elena! I love that you added the trim between the lenses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elena! What a fun card you made using the new set. Love the layered arrow and your popped up glasses. So happy to be part of the PR team with you and looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elena this is great! I have such a hard time with masculine cards! You make it look so easy and trendy!!!

    ReplyDelete