Monday, March 18, 2013

Daphne's Closet {lawn fawn inspiration week}

20130309_42b

Another day of lawn fawn inspiration!  Today, we're showcasing the fun papers found in the Daphne's Closet collection.  They're full of retro patterns, and with fun paper names like bell bottoms, cute cardigan, and prettiest blouse - how can they not put a smile on your face?

20130309_49b

I've create a trio of treat boxes for you using the new papers, and had a bit of fun with the new "blissful botanical" dies to create folded name tags.  I attached each embossed leaf to a mini-clothespin, and clipped them onto the boxes.

20130309_64

Oh goodness.  I'm sorry for the weird photo, but I had a hard time giving you a shot of the open tag, and holding my camera steady all at the same time.  (Real life ew: if you look closely at my finger, right under my red nail, you'll see part of the scar.  The one that I got by trying to dig frozen strawberries out of my hand-blender, while it was still plugged it.  Gah!  It's been a few years, but I still shudder anytime I have to use a hand-blender...)

If you don't already know how to create a folded tag using any of your lawn fawn dies, I created a step-by-step tutorial, which Kelly Marie will be featuring on the lawn fawn blog before the end of the month.  I hope you try it - it's so fun!  Imagine, a little hedgehog tag?  A mailbox tag?  Oh sweetness - a gnomie tag??  The possibilities are endless.

And, since I had three boxes to photograph today and not just a single card, this is how I did it:

20130309_52b

Before we bought the girls a bunk-bed, Amar made a headboard for Sofia using some beadboard and crown molding.  I have since claimed it for card photos.  Not too shabby, for about 15 bucks!

I don't always rely on natural light to take my photos.  I often have to shoot quickly for a deadline (who's procrastinating? me??) so I do have to shoot in my basement.  I'll show you that set-up sometime in the near future, and share the equipment I use to make it happen.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back in a few hours with my lawnscaping post - it's a lawn fawn double-dose today *yay*

7 comments:

  1. Love your boxes & thank you for the photog tips! I just might have to get around to putting up those window treatments...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these little bags :) And that tag is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I LOVE that the tag has the name underneath, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prettiness, gorgeousness and fun-ness all in one post Elena!! I love these little bags and the cute little tags, and I love the colour combo too!!

    I didn't like hearing about your finger though. I think I almost felt pain as I read it! Ouch!

    You're so lucky to get light like that even some of the time. I got some good natural light today for the first time in God-knows-how long and I almost didn't know what to do with it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable Elena! I love the tag!
    You are so lucky to have that huge source of light. Beautiful pictures as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute boxes! love seeing where you take your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with those blue leaves, such a soft and pretty color and what an adorable project.

    ReplyDelete